GDPR requires all companies receiving personal information from EU users to follow strict rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of all EU user, merchant and employee data.
Even though Oziway is not a European company, we have gone a step further to protect data of all our users, not only those from EU, but also residing in Australia, Asia and every other part of the world.
This document has been divided into the following sections:
- We are a company that is primarily focused on making the world a better place epecially for those, that need our help.
- We provide Sellers the ability to sell products, even if they are not sales professionals.
- We provide Buyers the ability to by very interesting products, often direct from manufacturers.
- We provide Promotors the ability to earn a commission by promoting Sellers' products, without having to purchase products for resale, making this a risk free business for those Promotors.
- We take care of the entire commission transfer from Seller to Promotor (the Seller does not know who the Promotor was to receive the commission), the entire process is hassle for for Sellers, and for Promotors.
- We earn a small part of the commission paid out.
We collect Personal Data supplied by youi so that we can provide our service, as well as web site usage information from visits to our site: https://oziway.*. This information is used for statistical purposes and helps us to evaluate how people use and navigate our web site including the number, frequency and length of visits to each page. We are then able to improve and further develop the web site. For security reasons we use software programs to monitor network traffic and identify any unauthorized attempts to change or upload information, or damage the system. We also store and process personal information (supplied by you) so that when you request services or commission payouts from us, we are able to provide what is needed by you.
When we collect personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number it will usually be for the purpose of:
- Passing it on to the chosen Supplier so that they can Provide goods or services that you have requested.
- Sending the commission to you
- We also keep records of communications such as requests. We do this to make sure your requests and any issues you bring to our attention are attended to promptly and correctly.
We may collect the following information:
- IP address and device information
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, country you live in and delivery address if you want to buy something
- other information that you have provided, relevant to the transaction that you want fulfilled, customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
We require all this information to provide our service as Oziway for the following reasons:
- Our services as Oziway are based on the data that we process. Without this data, we can not service you
- We need information about all sides of a transaction, so that the Buyer receives their purchased product and the Promotor receives the appropriate commission
- Apart from the above, which is absolutely crucial for us to be able to provide you with our service, we also need to do the following:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services.
- Periodically send promotional emails about new features, products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We do this only if You have agreed to receive this information when you registered (you can always change this in your dashboard by opting-out)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To manage risk and protect you, the site and the Oziway service: Fraud prevention is a critical part of providing our services, and we use your information to help us detect and prevent fraud.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including all applicable anti-money laundering laws, anti-terrorist financing laws, and our contractual obligations to the third party partners who provide or help to provide payment services on our service.
- For our other legitimate business needs: We may need to use your personal information in order to enforce our contracts and terms of service and monitor activity on the site.
- But most of all, to fascilitate transactions that need to be fulfilled
- We proces only the information that was given to us buy you, the party whose information is being processed.
- If we have information about you, its because you have sent it to us.
- If we send you emails, its because you have requested to receive those emails (you have explicitly opted-in to receive emails).
- You can always opt-out of any of the options, even the most basic data processing ones.
- Opting out of some of those options will mean that we will need to delete your Account.
- Please see details in your Business Dashboard
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to modify, delete or restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Login to your Dashboard, and under the Privacy tab, make the appropriate changes
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a request using the Contact Form
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We share data only to fascilitate transactions that need to be fulfilled. If you are the Buyer then you have ordered products to be sent to your address. When you are the Seller then you want to send those products. When you are the Promotor, then you are doing marketing work and would like to receive a commission. In every one of those cases, you have provided information which we need to share with someone.
- If You are the Seller then we need to make your information available to Buyers and potential Buyers so that they know who they are buying from
- If You are the Buyer then we need to send your information to the Seller so that they know where to send the Product that you have purchased. Information about your address will also be made available to the logistics company that needs to deliver your product.
- If you are the Promotor then we also need to send your information to the bank so that we can pay your commission.
We use servers located in Asia to store personal information gathered by the Oziway service. Additionally, to the extent we transfer your information to a third party, including our affiliates, as described in this policy, these third parties may be located outside our usual business location and your country of residence. In all such cases, data transfers will be carried out only after we ensure the third party provides comparable levels of data protection and that they will use your information only for the purposes set out in this policy.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Apart from the above reasons, we keep this data for your benefit so that you have access to your transaction history in the Business Dashboard
We might profile some data so that we can send you the mailings (which you have opted in to receive) which is relevant to your purchasing or browsing patterns. We dont want to send you mailings about all products and services, only what is relevant to you.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us using our online Contact form.
If you prefer, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our privacy practices.
Users located in the EU: To exercise your right of data access, correction, or deletion, please use our Business Dasboard (Privacy Section) by logging in to your Oziway Account, though in all cases we may not be able to comply where we are prohibited from doing so by other legal obligations. Note that photo identification may be required in order to grant an individual access to their requested personal information. For further questions and concerns, you may reach our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the way we resolve your inquiries, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection located in your country of residence.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.